Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
We all take care of each other when we are off deployed, which is how we make it through our deployment. We lean on each other, but when we get home we try to do everything alone. We don’t talk to our friends, we hide what we feel, we don’t tell what’s really going on in our lives until the seeds of self-doubt, hate, and even suicide starts creeping into our minds. We isolate like no one else, for we feel that we don’t want to burden our brothers but why is this? Our friends want to help, but we don’t see it. Our friends care, but we don’t. Our friends have the answers, for they were where we have been, but we don’t even have the questions to even ask.
- Have you felt lost to the point where you don’t even have the questions to ask?
- What do you do when you feel lost to where there is no point of direction?
- We all have been the strong one to carry our friends out, but have you ever allowed yourself to be vulnerable enough to allow your friends to carry you?
- Once out of the fire, how do you heal and regain your strength to carry on again?
- How long does it take you to heal?
And as they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian, coming out of the country, and on him they laid the cross, that he might bear [it] after Jesus. Luke 23:26
It’s funny how we all forget how Jesus even had someone help him carry the cross, but yet we are too prideful to ask for help. We get invited to go out to eat with friends or fellowship but instead we stay home and drink. We do what is comfortable because we know that although it’s not the healthiest thing for us, it’s the safest. It helps us make it through that minute and that’s all we are focused on. But we need to fight that urge, and go out and be with friends. We need to allow our friends to carry us when we are weak. We can’t do everything on our own, no matter how much we try we can’t. We will break, we will become broken. Simon carried the cross for Jesus, who are you going to allow help you to carry yours?